|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
6 Month Contract
Project Planner needed for a leading nuclear organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced Project Planner with an in-depth knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment development life cycles, requirements, detailed design, implementation/manufacture, test/qualification, proven record of producing and maintaining complex schedules over multiple projects, and experience using Primavera P6 planning tool, including the development from the ground up and optimisation.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Planner will include:
- Owning the detailed schedule, creating from a Master Work Breakdown Structure and estimates of effort and timescale.
- Developing sequencing, logic and constraints with engineering team.
- Develop and create logic network to create schedule ensuring that the schedule is of the highest accuracy possible.
- Reporting on characteristics that are driving critical path such as assumptions and productivity.
- Ability to identify and report on potential Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Opportunities and Dependencies that might affect the schedule.
- Ensuring that resource profile is levelled and works to optimise overall schedule duration.
- To report and work with the technical lead and projects area to ensure appropriate resource levelling methods to be applied depending on engineering phase (auto vs manual).
- Accurately model the resource allocation & availability to minimise idle time.
- Iterate and optimise the schedule data from bottom up estimation and apply experience and lessons from previous similar projects.
What you need to be the successful Project Planner:
In order to be the successful Project Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Understanding of electrical and electronic equipment development life cycles, requirements, detailed design, implementation/manufacture, test/qualification.
- Proven record of producing and maintaining complex schedules over multiple projects.
- Ability to report schedules in appropriate levels of details and format in order inform Management and Engineering of progress, resource conflicts, inter-dependencies etc.
- The ability to produce schedules with complete logic and resourcing from limited source information provided by the engineering community.
- The ability to work with and challenge the Engineering community in order to produce schedules that are logically complete, consistent, and with realistic estimates
- Must have demonstrable experience using Primavera P6 planning tool, including the development from the ground up and optimisation.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable Qualifications / skills
- Ability to configure and set-up P6 to adequately support the project structure and reporting needs
- Experience in a highly regulated industry such as military, avionics, nuclear
- Experience of interacting with programme managers, project managers and engineers
- Understanding of software development life cycles
- Relevant scheduling experience
- Schedules with large number of tasks with complex logic and dependencies
- Schedules with large amount of parallel activities
- Multi-year programmes
- Schedule resourcing to support team build-up over months or years
- Ability to Investigate "what if" scenarios to improve schedule end dates or reducing resource loading
- Resolving "peaky" resource demands within the schedule
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Project Planner position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.