|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Quality Assurance Engineer
£50,000 - £55,000
Quality Assurance Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of knowledge of Aerospace/Electrical/Electronic/Manufacturing/Vehicle integration/Composites/Machining in the Space, Automotive and/ or Defence sectors knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001, and experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs& As-Built lists.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Assurance Engineer will include:
The main effort within the role will be to support the Special Projects Business Area through Development, Production and all phases of the programme lifecycle and everything that falls within its scope. This will include Non-Conformance management, MRB activity, As-Built lists, RCCA & Investigation, Data Pack generation, product report documentation writing and SAP operations relating to extensive MMs, Inspection Plans & PRs. You will be part of a small Quality team within various size project teams.
What you need to be the successful Quality Assurance Engineer:
In order to be the successful Quality Assurance Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in Supplier Quality Assurance, especially working with large system design and manufacture sub contracts, FAT Testing & Non-Conformance management.
- Experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs& As-Built lists.
- Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks, strong SAP user skills.
- Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001.
- Knowledge of Aerospace / Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing / Vehicle integration / Composites / Machining in the Space, Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior LM management and other internal customers.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
- Extensive SAP user skills, Certificate of Design experience, understanding of process improvement, experience in corrective action boards, material review boards, root cause analysis & corrective action plan appreciation.
Desired skills and experience are as follows:
- Strong SAP skills would be of benefit.
- Ability to work unsupervised or within a team.
- Strong Aerospace experience.
- Use of alternate material, and a strong ability to provide credible solutions to technical issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a challenging, pressure environment.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Quality Assurance Engineer position must have obtained SC level clearance and a willingness to undergo DV clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.