|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality and Mission Assurance Engineer needed for a global aerospace and defence organisation based in Fareham who are looking to employ an experienced Quality and Mission Assurance Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of ISO complaint standards, risk management, Microsoft Office, and the aerospace/defence industry.
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Assurance Engineer will include:
- Support the Governance & Standards Manager in maintaining the external ISO certifications across the company's mission systems Europe (currently ISO 9001:2015, 27001:2013 and 20000-1:2011)
- Support the maintenance and update of the Management Systems.
- Support the attainment and maintenance of other external certifications as directed by the Governance and Standards Director
- Support the Governance & Standards Manager in the coordination of continuous improvement activities, and promotion of best practice
- Conduct a risk assessments and plan and conduct an annual programme of internal audits across MSE
- Act as primary point of contact and coordinator for customer and 3rd Party audits including ISO audits
- Conduct Supplier audits to ensure the quality of processes and deliverables
- Follow up audits to validate the resolution of non-conformities and findings raised
- Maintain and update information on findings status in the corrective and preventive action database
- Work with the Governance & Standards Manager on the coverage and results of internal audits and resolution of findings and non-conformities
- Develop and deliver MA/QA training for existing staff and new employees as required
- Oversee and develop other Northrop Grumman employees as required. May be requested to act as a mentor to more junior employees.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
What you need to be the successful Quality Assurance Engineer:
In order to be the successful Quality Assurance Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Have experience of developing and implementing ISO compliant processes
- Have experience conducting internal ISO 9001 audits
- Have knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, 27001:2013 and 20000-1:2011
- Have excellent IT skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of bid, programme and supply chain management
- Have a good understanding of Risk Management
- Be a UK national with checkable references going back 10 years, for security clearance.
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
- Be enthusiastic, responsive and self-motivated with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- UK Government working practices would be desirable
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (waterfall/agile) would be an advantage
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance