|Location: Bedford||Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 25 days ago|
RF Communications Lead
RF Communications Lead needed for a leading defence organisation based in the Bedford area who are embarking on an exciting new programme and are looking for an RF Communications Lead to act as the subject matter expert and technical authority for all aspects of RF communications. This position will offer hybrid working and the occasional requirement to travel to customer sites including the potential for occasional international travel.
What the role entails:
As an RF Communications Lead you will be responsible for:
- Undertake technical trade studies on communications technology options.
- Work with potential communications suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the communications systems on overall system behaviour and performance
- Understand the impact of the communications systems on different solution architectures.
- Technically review and challenge communications suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on Communications developments and relevant standards
- Understand nuances of communications system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Understand and develop at sub-system level, requirements and interface definition for any communications interfaces
- Represent the company at industry and customer events
What experience you need to be a successful RF Communications Lead:
- Experience designing and integrating tactical/strategic RF data & voice communications networks into Land-based Command & Control systems.
- Experience of technologies across the spectrum from HF to Microwave and including MANET, Tactical 4G LTE and Satcom products.
- Experience in conducting technical trade studies on communications options.
- Understanding of current military waveforms and standards.
- Understand and Manage Cyber Security aspects of the communications design/solution.
- Understand the impact of the comms system(s) on the overall system behaviour and performance.
- Experience of managing sub-system requirements and ICD for a Communications system.
- Experience working with potential Communication System suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
- Knowledge of communications systems limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Knowledge of the integration of Integrate Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies and their application in military systems.
- Experience of Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Experience of Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Experience of Battlefield Communications Systems & Networks
- Experience in the Verification lifecycle
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using IBM Rational Rhapsody or similar
- Knowledge of IT Network fundamentals.
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an RF Communications Lead. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that UK Security Clearance up to SC Level is required for the RF Communications Lead position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.