|Location: Warwickshire||Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + car, bonus, package|
|Sector: Construction, Engineering, Planning and Project Controls, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Lilburn||Job Published: 25 days ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk Manager to join a leading tier one main contractor on a major infrastructure project based in the Midlands. The Risk Manager will join an established team that are responsible for the delivery of a multi-billion pound, complex scheme which is using state of the art technology.
Reporting into the Head of Risk they will join a team of 6 which will grow to 13 over the coming months to support the demand of the project. They will be responsible for developing, promoting and delivering risk management into the delivery and management teams. The Risk Manager will split their working week between offices in either Warwickshire or Central Birmingham (3 days per week) and remotely from home (2 days per week).
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved on a highly complex project and to play a role in the development of risk management function for a leading name in the construction industry who are renowned for their expertise in delivering major projects.
- Establishes and communicates the use of appropriate risk management methodologies, tools and techniques with the Head of Risk
- Ensure clarity and communication of the company's risk management objectives, direction, policies, risk appetite and risk limits and identifying and managing risk.
- Works with business unit leaders to establish, maintain and continuously improve opportunity and risk management capabilities and practices.
- Challenges the business unit's success in managing their risks through regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring capability of the Risk Co-ordinators to deliver training and workshops.
- Ensure risk management education and training is delivered throughout the business units utilising business unit Risk Co-ordinators.
- To assist in developing risk mitigation strategies for the organisation's critical risks and for monitoring these risks through risk registers.
- Works closely with the Assurance and Business Efficiency teams to ensure activities are aligned
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Demonstrate risk management and analysis experience in a major project environment
- Experienced user of Excel, Palisade @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (QSRA)
- Familiarity with PowerBI and database systems would be an advantage but not essential
- Has good written and verbal communication skills
- Can deliver written and oral reports in an objective and persuasive manner
- Quantitative Risk Assessment experience
- Starting salary of up to circa £75,000 per annum
- Annual car allowance - £6,000
- Annual bonus - 10%
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance
- Subsistence allowance for those working away from home
- Hybrid working week - 3 days office / 2 days remote working
- Other great benefits
If you are looking for a new career challenge and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 59231.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.