|Location: Grays, Essex||Salary: £32000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Noddings||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Job Role: Section Engineer
Salary and benefits: (£32,000 - £45,000) Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, matched pension up to 7.5%, numerous retail discounts and 26 days annual leave
Location: Within 1 hours' commute of Grays, Essex
Business area: Major Projects - Civils
Our client is seeking to recruit a Section Engineer. The Section Engineer manages junior engineers and assists the Sub-Agent in construction operations.
- Reports to the Sub-Agent and supervises the site engineering team from construction to close out.
- Assist with temporary works design schemes.
- Liaise with the Sub-Agent and Section Foreman to allocate labour, plant, materials and temporary works to carry out activities to the required standards, programme and budget.
- Manage the site setting-out team and be responsible for the performance and development of the Site Engineers.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving technical problems on site in liaison with the Sub-Agent.
- Assist with co-ordination of construction operations, ensuring they conform to the specified requirements and the standards of safety and quality.
- Co-ordinate and monitor subcontractors in the performance of their works to ensure they are completed to the contractual requirements and to the company's SHEQ standards.
- Ensuring that the team have all current information and resources required to carry out their duties.
- Assist with the production of programmes, progress reports, resource and cost plans and contribute to financial forecasting, site measurements, reconciliations and cost control.
- Ensure production of site records and daily Site Diaries.
- Manage production of information on wastage and outputs
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/Degree (Construction/Civil Engineering related) or equivalent.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of Site Engineering activities combined with construction supervision skills.
- Good team skills
This is a great opportunity for those who are looking to work within a successful expanding business, apply now as they are looking to get you started ASAP!