|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: DOE + Package
Key Skills: Infrastructure, Engineering, VMWare, ESX, vSphere, Enterprise Storage, Microsoft Server, Active Directory, ITIL, Windows, Exchange, Software, Systems, Upgrades, Defence, Aerospace, Security Clearance, ISO
An experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required to play a key role in being responsible for all virtual and physical servers, both Microsoft and Linux based, plus the hosting infrastructure supporting the virtual server environment. You will effectively monitor, manage and develop the company IT solutions throughout the IT estate ensuring satisfaction in all services provided.
So, what will you be doing as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer?
- Lead the evaluation and installation of new software releases, system upgrades, and system patches
- Assist with the deployment and analysis of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems
- Incident management and resolution across the IT server Infrastructure
- Administration, Monitoring and optimization of corporately managed Active Directories and associated domain services including system backup and DR policies and procedures.
- Undertake System Management and Administration across all systems within Platforms Services remit
- Administration, monitoring and development of corporately managed messaging services including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business software.
- Production and management of IT Operations documentation to current standards.
What are we looking for in our next Senior Infrastructure Engineer?
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESX/vSphere administration.
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise level storage solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019 (Windows 10 advantageous)
- Experience in VMware NSX / software defined firewalls
- Experience in VMWare vSAN, administration and configuration
- Experiencing of administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions
- Experience in enterprise level backup technologies
- MCSE, MCP, MCSA or equivalent experience
- RHCE or equivalent.
- Experience in a service delivery, best practice environment preferred
- ITIL v3.0 (or above) Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Senior Infrastructure Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Senior Infrastructure Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.