|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior IT Project Manager required for one of the UKs leading defence companies based in Farnborough. My client are leading the way when it comes to research and development, and IT infrastructure projects within the defence industry.
Ideal candidates for this Senior IT Project Manager position will have experience of working on large-scale IT infrastructure and software projects. Candidates must also have experience of the testing lifecycle and be able to write a strategic testing document.
Salary for this position has not been advertised, and will be discussed upon application.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level.
Key Accountabilities for Senior IT Project Manager position:
* Management of projects to deliver project objectives that are defined in the Project Business Case and Project Mandate.
* Ensuring projects meets all governance requirements in accordance with policies and processes.
* Ensuring projects meet all compliance requirements especially with respect to Legal and Safety requirements in accordance with corporate policies and processes.
* Leadership of the project team
* Management of suppliers, where appropriate, to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements within a Statement Of Works that meets the standards of the Project Mandate.
* Manage and resolve scheduling conflicts and where required seek additional support either internally or externally.
* Manage resourcing forecast through the use of appropriate tools.
* Work with procurement to obtain pricing and manage the purchase of all materials associated to the delivery of projects.
* Management of Risks and Issues and the implementation of mitigation strategies.
* Arrange periodic meetings with teams and team leads to discuss all activities.
* Produce periodic reports and review as required.
* Alert management to any significant risks.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required for Senior IT Project Manager:
* Experience in successfully managing standard projects
* Good knowledge of Project Management principles in accordance with industry and QQ standards.
* Knowledge and experience as graded in PMCDF competency framework for Project Managers.
* Team Leadership including the management of relationships and conflicts within project team.
* Resource Management.
* Financial management.
* Delivery of the project to agreed timelines.
* Working within the Life Cycle process to ensure the quality of the project is structured and achieved.
* Ability to negotiate with internal team.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* A reasonable level of commercial awareness.
* A leadership style which will enable a consistent approach to delivery.
* Experience working within an IT environment.
* Industry recognised qualification. i.e. Prince2 / AMP / PMP
* Demonstrable experience of full Lifecycle Project Management
* SC cleared to be held and maintained.
To apply for this exciting Senior IT Project Manager position, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.