|Location: Crawley||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Medical Devices, Life Sciences, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Senior Safety Engineer.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits Package.
West Sussex / Gatwick / Redhill / Brighton / M25 J 7 area.
We have a requirement for Senior Safety Engineers working with a company that designs and manufactures Medical Device products that change peoples lives and are at the forefront of technology in their area of expertise.
In this position you will be able to put your Technical Safety Engineering expertise to use in a new way, this is not your normal Safety Engineering role on Defence, Rail or Nuclear Power projects.
- Risk Management processes, policies and fundamental principles.
- Safety standards ISO 14971, IEC 61508; or IEC 61511.
- Some knowledge of IEC 60601 is desirable.
- Usability principles and procedures.
- Applying Hazard Identification and risk assessment methods.
- Creating risk assessments on Software and Hardware Systems.
- Report writing and document reviews.
- Experience on Design Reviews from a Safety perspective.
- Plan Safety Engineering activities appropriate to the size of the project.
- Ensure suitable techniques are applied to analyse design and design changes to identify hazards, causes of hazards and estimate their risk and record the evidence of this analysis
- Ensure appropriate risk control measures are applied (ALARP).
- Review the safety activities for completeness and effectiveness
- Prepare a Safety Case on behalf of the project team that argues activities for the project have sufficient progress and risk is acceptable to release the product.
- Where the risk is not acceptable to the project team, provide information necessary to make an informed decision regarding release.
This is a great opportunity for somebody that has experience in the Medical /Health-care sector already or somebody that has been working in Safety Engineering in a different industry and wants to try something new using the same core principles.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for this position so it is only open to applicants that have the right to work in the UK at present.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.