|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Senior Software Design Engineer
Salary dependant on experience
My client is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Senior Software Design Engineer at their facility based in Oxfordshire, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for their missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in the companies' Asia Office and may be required to travel to Asia as needed in support of projects and operations. This company can offer you very exciting and groundbreaking projects to work on while working with passionate like minded engineers. Don't miss out on this!!
- UK/Europen relocation available
- Flexible working
- Share options
- Plus more
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Design Engineer will include:
- Lead development and architectural design activities for the flight software on the spacecraft:
- Derive and maintain software requirements, define software solutions and system architectures.
- Define ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Design, develop, and validate spacecraft flight software, ground test software, and simulation software.
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to identify software needs and solutions.
- Support definition and generation of ConOps.
- Perform the Flight Software verification, validation and integration.
- Participate in the Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
- Support knowledge transfer from teams globally and provide technical review inputs to projects across the organisation.
- Provide experienced guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
In order to be the successful Senior Software Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Skills & Experience
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
- Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies & embedded software engineering.
- Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, Spacewire, CAN.
- Experience of implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions.
- Time spent in developing and implementing test plans for spacecraft.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development practices.
- Experience of spacecraft design lifecycle all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Minimal Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, bash) and assembler for microcontrollers.
- Debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.