|Location: Greenford||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Senior Systems Engineer
About the company:
A Senior Systems Engineer is needed for a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within secure communications and ISTAR systems to defence customers in Greenford, Wembley who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the the engineering life-cycle, DOORS and proven experience of working within defence / engineering previously.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits alongside a competitive salary.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- Responsible for complex design and development tasks
- Apply a variety of engineering methods and techniques; adapting these as necessary to create solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Multi-task appropriately to ensure that more than one project's needs are served at any one time.
- Liaison with customers and external bodies as needed.
- Accurately estimate the work of self and of others; identifies cost-effective solutions in terms of both development time and materials; delivers predictably and increases team's ability to do the same.
- Requires support rather than supervision, to perform effectively and only for more complex tasks.
- Ensure work is of a suitable standard and appropriate by regularly seeking input from peers and manager as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
What you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and V-model. Ability to tailor processes for a particular project.
- Presentation skills, able to contribute to design reviews and present material in complex system engineering concepts to a wide technical audience.
- Extensive use of requirements management tools, Rational DOORS with
- DXL, IBM Requisite Pro or similar tools.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested and hold the right experience and skills, please apply and get in contact with Megan.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.