|Location: Aylesford, Kent||Salary: £38000 - £41000 per annum + Night work|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Site Agent
Team: Scheme Delivery
Permanent or Contract
Permanent Salary: £38,000 - £41,000
Contract Salary: £26 per hour
Job Summary for a Site Agent:
Looking for a permanent or contract role working for a main contractor within the highways industry? We have a fantastic role for a Site Agent to manage and supervise trunk road maintenance and improvement schemes up to £5M.
The successful Site Agent will primarily carry out surfacing, pavement lining and fencing operations on the highways. You will plan, organise and oversee supervision of construction works ensuring that operations are carried out as per the method statement and risk assessment, efficiently a per the construction program and meet all requirements in relation to health & safety, cost, productivity, quality, and the environment
Key Duties for the Site Agent:
- Implement the relevant requirements of the company's Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and Guidance.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment deployed on the Network complies with current health and safety legislative requirements.
- Reporting all health and safety incidents involving client's and Supply Chain staff to the Network Team Managers.
- Ensure compliance with the client's Environmental Management System with regard to day-to-day operational activities.
- Monitor scheme construction programmes, including resources, in liaison with IDT Managers and IDT Construction leads.
- Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and seek to resolve with the IDT Manager and Design Lead.
- Liaise with site supervisors on site and ensure all works are in accordance with the specification and to the contract drawings.
- Conduct and record on-going interim physical measurements during works and upon works completion.
- To learn and eventually become conversant with contract conditions.
- Maintain records, and use these to manage and control resources.
- Communicate with the IDT Manager, the Construction Manager and the Commercial Manager issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence.
- Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
- Maintain records of work related discussions with the HA / design team.
- Review and approve site documentation.
- Keep abreast of developments throughout the client's business.
- Adherence to client's policies and procedures.
Essentials for the Site Agent:
- Previous experience with working on the highways
- Previous experience with managing teams of operatives
- HNC/HND in construction or similar
- Full clean UK Drivers license
- Competent with IT
- Team Player
- Execellent Communication skills
Desirables for the Site Agent:
- Class 2 drivers license
- SMSTS / SSSTS
If you are interested, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.