|Location: Bedford, Bedford, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Software Compliance Verification Engineer
What the role entails:
Senior Compliance Verification Engineer - Software and Complex Electronic Hardware
We have a new opportunity within our Team for an experienced lead professional engineer specialising in Software and Complex Electronic Hardware.
- To be the lead for approval and certification of Software and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH)
- To be the Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) for Software and CEH
- To define, manage and ensure adequate assurance to satisfy certification and regulatory requirements for all Software and CEH being procured and/or incorporated into designs
- To act as the intelligent customer for the airworthiness and certification aspects of all Software and CEH
Skills and Experience Required
- Experienced CVE for aerospace software and CEH (5+ years of relevant experience)
- Able to act as the software and CEH focal point for CAeS major projects
- Able to complete regulatory compliance assessments and write certification programmes for the software and CEH aspects of current aircraft, aircraft modifications and new aircraft designs
- Able to work with project partners, and system and component suppliers, to establish certification baselines for software and CEH, and to develop, plan and implement software and CEH certification programmes for bespoke, modified and/or COTS components
- Able to establish means of demonstrating compliance with applicable AMC and Certification Advisories
- Able to produce the software and CEH elements of aircraft (or air systems) safety cases
- Able to define level of involvement, for software and CEH components that are Developmental Items, Non-Developmental Items or Modified Non-Developmental Items
- Able to produce compliance data for support of software and CEH, and to demonstrate satisfaction of appropriate ETSO standards, in consideration of previous approvals, product service history, available certification assurance data and artefacts, etc.
- Able to establish and maintain a certification compliance summary for the software and CEH components of assigned projects
- Able to produce arguments for Alternative Means of Compliance for software and CEH.
- Expert in confidence and risk management for aerospace software and CEH
- Expert in the principles and application of ARP 4754, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-200, RTCA DO-254, and RTCA DO-330
- Substantial experience (5+ years) of working in an EASA/CAA Part 21J Design Organization (and/or MAA DAOS design organization), within which the candidate has:
- Been authorized as a CVE for software and CEH
- Held delegated authority for authoring, checking, approving and releasing engineering reports and drawings, for Software and CEH
- Substantial experience (5+ years) of developing and conducting independent assessments of safety critical and safety related novel systems
- Demonstrable expert understanding of safety critical systems, software assurance, Development Assurance Levels and Safety Integrity Levels
- Demonstrable understanding of novel avionics systems and platforms
- Demonstrable understanding of aircraft propulsion control systems, aircraft human-machine interfaces, and aircraft electrical power management, distribution and control systems
- A good degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer (or sufficiently qualified, trained and experienced to become so)
- Experience of working in the role of CVE for Software and CEH in a whole-aircraft OEM (or top-level systems integrator), overseeing compliance by suppliers of software and CEH systems, sub-systems and components
- Skilled in the specification, design and/or integration of aircraft propulsion control systems, aircraft human-machine interfaces, and aircraft electrical power management, distribution and control systems
- Engineering familiarity with a broad range of aircraft types, but primarily small passenger aircraft
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Compliance Verification Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Software Compliance Verification Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.