|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Software Engineer - Data / Machine Learning
Your role :
Do you enjoy solving a variety of challenges in the world of Big data and data science? Do you get excited about seeing how your work directly impacts the business? We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about developing data/ML pipelines, as well as applications that deliver creative solutions to our clients and Sales & Trading teams, to power our business strategy.
Your team :
You will join the Global Markets Intelligence team, a growing team of data scientists and engineers who are working within our Global Markets trading unit to build the data platform, models and tools that deliver the next generation of analytics to empower both traders and salespeople alike. This will entail specific quantitative data projects across a range of product areas (Equities, Rates, FX, Credit) under a remit to deliver increased revenues through enhanced decision making and data-driven client engagement at scale.
Your expertise :
* 4-10+ years of strong experience designing and developing large applications, analytics and data pipelines in a rigorous production environment.
* proficiency in Java and/or Python or similar. Experience in both is a huge plus.
* experience developing applications that rely on many web APIs and other protocols.
* experience in some or all of data and cloud technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, YARN, Cloudera, Airflow, Oozie, S3, Presto, Kafka Connect, Microsoft Azure, Terraform, Hive etc.
* good knowledge of building event-driven, loosely coupled distributed applications.
* enthusiasm and ability to pick up new technologies as needed to solve your problems.
* experience or interest in getting involved with data infrastructure like Cloudera, Azure, on-premise.
* bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related technical field.
* strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
* knowledge of and experience in one or more product areas across FX, Rates, Credit, Equities within the financial ecosystem is a huge plus.
* experience with Pydata stack (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn etc.) is a plus.
* track record of solving real-world problems using Data Science, ML (NLP, Recommenders etc.), and statistical techniques and deploying ML models.
* experience in setting up and using data science platforms like Dataiku, Databricks or Alteryx etc.
* experienced in containerized application deployment e.g. with Docker using Kubernetes.
* working knowledge of UNIX or similar and bash scripting.
* experience working with KDB.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.