|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Beth Currid||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Software Upgrade Specialist
£40,000 - £48,000 plus 5% bonus
We are seeking a Software Upgrade Specialist to provide clinical and technical support for Oncology products. Software Upgrade Specialists are responsible for all aspects of test and clinical software upgrades, these include performing the upgrade, supporting the go-live process and being involved during the planning phase.
Significant in-depth technical knowledge of the product from the hardware on which it runs through to the use of the applications software is essential and it is expected that the individual will be self-motivated enough to maintain and update this knowledge.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have a relevant degree in Computer Science or another relevant discipline and have a keen interest in being a Software Upgrade Specialist. If you have previous commercial experience as a Software Upgrade Specialist that would be a plus!
It is important that you are fluent in English and 1 other European Language.
Some of the main duties of the Software Upgrade Specialist will include:
- Ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the implications of any upgrade work being undertaken before that work commences.
- Escalate to management any technical issues that are likely to become significant, including potential issues preventing new software rollouts.
- Ensure that at all times, Business Units and distributors are kept updated with progress of any issues being dealt with.
- Prioritizing and managing cases in an efficient and professional manner.
- Performing regular installation work and upgrades at customers sites and remotely as required.
- Being available as required to take calls from customers, engineers and Distributors pertaining an upgrade.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Upgrade Specialist:
- Educated to Degree or diploma in Computer Sciences (or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Citrix, Cloud, MS servers, Virtualisation, Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong technical skills in the area of PC/Network Computing.
- Knowledge of Health Care desirable
- Experience in a support environment desirable
- Fluent in at least 1 other European language (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Can demonstrate strong customer care skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Upgrade Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.