|Location: Sevenoaks, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
An immediate opportunity exists for a Structural Engineer to join the Consultancy Division within Utilities, Highways and Electrical arena. This is a brand-new full-time position offering a competitive salary from£35K-£40K, with a wide range of benefits.
Responsibilities of the Structural Engineer:
As a Structural Engineer you will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external clients throughout the project lifecycle, to guarantee technical and quality compliance through the provision of pro-active technical solutions and designs.
The successful Structural Engineer will be undertaking the following:
- Production of structural designs associate with concrete, steel, timber and masonry materials
- Structural design of permanent and temporary works, in accordance with relevant design standards and codes of practice. Using CAD, Revit and NEC3 contracts
- Carrying our structural assessments of all forms of structures (highways and buildings)
- Supporting Local Authorities in their asset management strategies, by leading inspections of highway structures and site surveys
- Manage health and safety during the design and construction phases
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents by preparing fee proposals and quality statements.
What you need to be the successful Structural Engineer:
- CSCS card and relevant health and safety certifications
- It is important that you have experience of design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete and steel
- Chartered or near Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- CAD, Revit and NEC3 contracts
If you are a Structural Engineer with industry exposure within Highways / Utilities and are looking for a new challenge, and want to further develop your career within an expanding business, then please get in touch. This is one of a number of great permanent career opportunities for Structural / Civil Engineers we have at the moment. Why not call us today.