|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Dorset - 6+ month contract - rate can be discussed over the phone
Systems Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within nuclear and defence based in Dorset. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance
The Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support to Systems BU projects. The Systems Engineer will operate as a key member of the project team bringing experience in safety/systems engineering to the team. The Systems Engineer will also support bid work by scoping the systems engineering tasks for the proposed work.
Some of the main duties the Systems Engineer will include:
- Responsible for supporting the safety/systems engineering aspects of projects.
- Responsible for drafting and estimating the systems engineering aspects of bid work.
- Responsible for applying appropriate systems engineering practice on projects.
- Responsible for supporting representations of project systems engineering to the project customer community.
- Supporting the engineering team to provide the best solutions for the customer base.
- Produce concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and associated documentation as required to meet the specific needs of the project.
- Support the safety/systems technical authority in the business area for the proposed solutions and be prepared to justify safety/systems solutions to senior management, the customer and ultimately the regulator, the Health and Safety Executives Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer
- Degree qualified engineer, preferably in electrical/electronic engineering or IT/computer systems.
- Chartered Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience of safety/systems engineering or design and in a safety regulated industry.
- Knowledge of safety system design in accordance with IEC 61508 or similar safety standards (IEC 61513, IEC 61226).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering processes, standards and methodologies (e.g., IEC 15288, UML).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, EA, Teamwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines within industry.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the ONR SAPs and TAGs would be an advantage.
- Experience of the full life-cycle
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.