|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £36000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£36,000 - £42,000 + 26 Days Hol, Bupa, Pension, Life Cover and more.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Systems Engineer that is either degree qualified or has equivalent working experience to join a growing systems engineering team in Bristol.
The ideal applicant will receive exposure to some exciting large scale engineering projects with lots of opportunities to advance your career in the specialist area of Systems Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- Experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS, System Architect and Rhapsody would be beneficial although not essential)
o Requirements Engineering:
Support in the management of system level requirements;
Support in the management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
Knowledge of system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
Aid in the development of V&V test plans;
To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements.
o Engineering Process:
Support the technical query and engineering change management process;
To assist in reviewing engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
o Architectural Design:
Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
Desirable skills and responsibilities: (Training and Development in these areas is available)
Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectures;
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
To assist in the production of system and equipment specifications;
To assist in the production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses;
To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders
Ability to achieve SC clearance is a pre-requisite for this opportunity.