|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £32000 - £42000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Systems Engineer needed for a defence and aerospace solutions company based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with a good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday per year increasing to 26 days after 3 years of service.
- Life Assurance
- Sick Pay Entitlement
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Test
- Cycle To Work Scheme
Key Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer:
- Support in the management of system level requirements;
- Support in the management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Knowledge of system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Aid in the development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements
- Support the technical query and engineering change management process;
- To assist in reviewing engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
- Architectural Design:
- Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- 3+ years' experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defense Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS, System Architect and Rhapsody would be beneficial although not essential);
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!