SC Security Clearance needed to start
Systems Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer who will work with System Architects and Programme and Capture Managers to define and shape technical engineering solutions delivered by the company
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Working closely with the internal stakeholders across various functions,
- Develop systems and services to deliver and conform to the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for developing these solutions which will include but not be limited to:
- Defining derived requirements,
- Interface definitions,
- Compliance statements and assisting with cost estimation.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Active SC Security Clearance
- Experience of working various engineering methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Kanban and understanding the various benefits of the approaches.
- Experience of working on new business and capture phases in the engineering lifecycle and an appreciation of the challenges this entails
- Experience with large system of systems decomposition, .design and definition. Including understanding of through life service support.
- Experience with assisting the development of statements of work and specifications required to be delivered into the supply chain.
- Experience with avionics system design standards such as DO-178C, STANAG 4586, Def Stan 00-55 or Def Stan 00-56.
- Ability to collaboratively work with internal and stakeholders to resolve cost, schedule, or technical issues.
- An ability to capture clear, specific, and testable subsystem requirements, user stories and interface descriptions to support the development and acceptance of solutions that integrate with a larger system of systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Avionics, Ground Station, Autonomous, Mission Planning, Command and Control, or Support systems.
- Experience is managing requirements using IBM DOORS.
- Experience with system modelling toolsets and methodologies, such as - Sparx Enterprise Architect, UML, SysML, TOGAF. Developing behavioural and structural diagrams
- Ability to scrutinise technical submissions and provide constructive feedback to ensure a compliant solution.
- Experience of using the Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team across various functions.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.