|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £30000 - £44000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
My client is an established and well respected technology company who's products are found in the defence, space, medical and aerospace industries.
Quantum physics and the technologies that are being developed from it have the potential to disrupt numerous existing markets as well as open up completely new ones. Key to taking these exciting developments from the experimentation stage in to products with real world applications is a structured systems engineering approach, ensuring that the needs of the end users are met. My clients Quantum Technologies team is working to bring cutting edge concepts in quantum physics out of the lab and develop industrialised products to sell in to this growing market.
This role is your opportunity to apply rigorous systems engineering thinking, approaches and techniques to range of exciting projects, from cold atom gravity sensors to quantum key distribution via satellite, directly contributing to their successful development and deployment.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Apply robust Systems engineering principles to complex, interdisciplinary projects across the complete engineering lifecycle
- Develop, flow down and manage requirements from stakeholder to system and sub-system level, including sign off and verification
- Develop key documentation such as systems architectures, interface control documents and reports
- Lead the systems engineering contribution to the design review process
- Apply and promote configuration management across the projects
- Work with the other engineering functions and scientists to develop robust solutions that meet the needs of the customer
- Work with sub-contractors, suppliers and customers where necessary to improve their systems engineering approaches
- Maintain excellent levels of communication between all parties involved in any particular project, internally and externally
- Become a source of knowledge for the rest of the team for whole system design
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle concepts and approaches including:
- Requirements capture and analysis
- Functional analysis
- Interface management
- Systems Architecting
- Verification and validation activities
- The willingness and ability to rapidly understand new technologies and domains
- The ability to build ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with loosely defined, poorly understood or evolving requirements
- Experience of working in a large multi-disciplinary environment.
- An understanding of a complex products or systems based on physics and/or electronics
- Rigorous and structured approach including a methodical approach to decision making
- Very high quality verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- The candidate should be proactive, a self-starter and a team player.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience of bringing low TRL technologies to market
- Experience of knowledge transfer
- Knowledge of quantum physics, specifically cold atom interferometry, quantum key distribution and coherent population trapping
- Knowledge of optics, electronics and/or control systems
- Experience of system design for space applications
- Experience of working within a laboratory environment
- Experience of software modelling and control tools (e.g. Python, Matlab, Labview etc.)
- Experience of supporting technical bids and proposals.
- Proven technical experience in a range of systems engineering tools (e.g. IBM DOORS, Jama)
- Configuration control tools and processes
- Experience of System Integration and Test
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.