|Location: Bristol||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Contract Length (2x 3 month, 1x 4 month)
Test Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer. The successful candidate will work within the programme to support the automation of testing of the information systems for functions including Inventory Management; Supply Chain Management; Engineering and Asset Management; Asset Tracking & Visibility; Technical Publications; Support Equipment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
- Requirement Analysis and creation of requirement traceability matrix to ensure proper test coverage.
- Write Test plan and perform the estimation for various projects
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Defining and maintaining the automation tests for applications.
- Liaising with programme teams to understand the changes to write test cases with appropriate test coverage.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Knowledge of Defect Management lifecycle.
- Report risks and issues to the test lead and the test manager.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects within stringent timelines.
- Ability to lead defect triage calls to discuss progress updates, daily tasks, issues, defects and resolution.
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Education & Essential Experience:
Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
Experience of testing (test case development, test planning, test execution & reporting etc.)
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Experience of working with MOD supply chain applications
Experience of database and middleware testing
Experience with API testing.
Experience with SOAP UI
Experience of defence modelling and simulation
Knowledge of security testing and ability to understand security concepts
Knowledge of performance testing
Testing certification from the BCS (e.g. ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Intermediate Level) or other equivalent institute
Experience of the following tools/technologies:
HP Quality Centre or ALM
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.