|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Verification & Test Engineer
High Performance Imaging Devices & Sub-Systems Division
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Southend, Dartford etc
Salary - £25,000 - £40,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Verification & Testing Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career dealing with Verification and Testing for some very different projects that you wouldn't necessarily get to work on anywhere else.
Working across all stages of a project lifecycle on the latest imaging devices and sub-systems for Space and Science from bid phase to project closeout. The Verification & Test Engineer carries out a wide range of practical and desk-based engineering tasks relating to product testing and verification. Verification & Test Engineers work closely with their project teams (Project Manager, Technical Authority and Product Assurance Engineer) and operations on a daily basis to deliver quality devices that meet the customer's specifications. The Verification & Test Engineer is responsible for test planning, set-up and verification, Production support, and reliability test campaign planning and verification.
Some of the main duties of the Verification & Testing Engineer will include:
- Responsible for management and on-time delivery of allocated work packages/tasks to the required standard
- Write project documentation including test plans, procedures and test reports. Train Operations staff where necessary
- Set up, organise and validate tests in accordance with specifications and analyse test results data. Perform technical investigations where necessary
- Support and attend internal and customer meetings by presenting technical information and carrying out relevant actions
- Support teams outside of the Verification & Test Engineering Group, including Operations and Process Engineering
- Actively participate in ensuring quality assurance practices are adhered to and maintained throughout project lifecycle
- Support, help to identify and carry out process improvement activities - both specific to own projects and those affecting other projects
In order to be the successful Verification & Testing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A physics or engineering - related degree
- Understanding of device physics
- Understanding of test development and fault finding
- Analysis skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Verification & Testing Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!