|Location: Stevenage||Salary: £66000 - £70000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£66,000 to £70,000 + Package
I am recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join an award winning utilities contractor delivering their part of a long term framework based from offices in Stevenage. Due to the nature of the work, the Managing Quantity Surveyor must have experience of working within the civil engineering or utilities sectors along with an in-depth knowledge of using various forms of the NEC suite of contract.
The successful Managing Quantity Surveyor will be joining a business that has a reputation for successfully delivering frameworks for clients including National Grid, Network Rail, Scottish Power, UKPN, Southern Water and many more. Alongside the opportunity to put your stamp on the contract and implement your own methods of best practice, you can also expect a good starting salary and a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £66,000 to £70,000
- Bonus based on company, framework & personal performance
- A company car
- Ongoing training with opportunities for personal development
- Contibutable pension programme
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Sick Pay
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you'll be reporting to a Commercial Manager and you'll be taking responsibiity for the full scope of pre & post contract duties. Some of these will include:
- Motivating a small commercial team and providing guidance on all commercial queries
- Supporting junior surveyors with their own personal development
- Liaising with the client on a regular basis
- Manging change and variations, valuations, CVR's, cost reporting, final accounts, dispute resolution & more.
In order to be the successful Managing Quantity Surveyor and have a chance at gaining such an exciting opportunity, it's important you have experience in the following areas:
- Managing a small team (with minimal support from others)
- Strong understanding the NEC Option C contract
- Client facing experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the UK
It's also important that you have:
- A degree, Masters, HNC or similar in a construction related field
- Live within a reasonable commute of Stevenage
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.