|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £45 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
12 month contract
Commercial Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Commercial Manager with Supply chain experience in dealing with multi-functional organisations along with a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals, flexibility to work at different levels of contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to statement of work), and understanding of key commercial skills, including risk identification and basic contract terms..
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice.
- Undertaking contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity or complex material purchases
- Achieving on time delivery, to meet contractual quantity, quality and technical requirements using the relevant procurement processes.
- Ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to with the contract
- Supporting the compilation, issuing and managing a range of proposals to include RFQ's, and RFP's through to contract award/amendment, taking the lead role where required.
- Lead and manage a range of procurements from simple to complex including design/drawing control, delivery and warranty.
- Assisting in ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty and contract closeout as applicable by providing contractual and commercial support to the SPM in regard to subcontract obligations.
- Actively participate, and take the lead where appropriate, in negotiations with suppliers to ensure best-value is achieved.
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts to achieve mutual benefit.
- Managing and configuration control of the contract and associated documentation.
- Undertaking all relevant transactional activities in SAP.
- Deputising for the Procurement lead or SPM, as requested.
- Work with Commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
What you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
In order to be the successful Commercial Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrated successful procurement, contract, supply chain experience in delivering against requirements.
- Developing procurement, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Experience of facilitating solutions.
- Team player with evolving leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude with the ability to see the 'big picture.' Understands impacts on a programme/business operationally.
- Understanding of key commercial skills, including risk identification and basic contract terms.
- Data literate with strong analytical skills.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desired skills and experience are as followed:
- Supply chain experience in dealing with multi-functional organisations along with a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production ramp-up, sustainment and end-of-life
- A relevant Bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
- The ability to present information succinctly at senior internal and external meetings
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Commercial Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.