|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Configuration Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Working in a Manufacturing environment and reporting into the Operations Engineering Manager. This role shall be responsible for maintaining configuration control of Hardware/Software/Firmware manufactured on site for one or more Programmes within the organisation. Maybe required to travel to offsite locations.
Tasks shall include but is not limited to the following;
- Tracking the configuration of the as built standard of a manufactured assembly in accordance with command media and contractual requirements.
- Tasking responsibility for a small team of Configuration Engineers
- Ensures the timely creation of an As-Built Records
- Taking ownership for the generation of End Item Data Packs.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- SME for the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with command media.
- Maintains and reports Key Performance Indicators with respect to Manufacturing Configuration
- Maybe required to support Product Configuration Audits (PCA)
In addition, the Configuration Manager shall also have responsibility for ensuring all configuration controlled documents produced within the Manufacturing organisation are suitably controlled and are in accordance with defined standards.
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Control processes.
- Experience of leading small teams to ensure robust configuration controls are maintained.
- Ability to take ownership of these principles across multiple Programmes.
- Tenacious individual who can govern configuration control principles in challenging Programme environments.
- Has the ability to interact and challenge individuals at all levels ensuring robust configuration control
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Has experience in defining and governing document standards
- Experience of SAP / Windchill experience / knowledge is highly desirable
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.