|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Defence / Aerospace
We are currently looking for a Facilities Engineer to join a globally recognised defence company at their head office in Farnborough. They are looking for candidates who are electrically biased, but must have multi-skilled experience.
Ideally candidates for this Facilities Engineer role will come from a facilities management or building services background, you will be responsible for reactive and PPM fixes on electrical equipment including pumps, coils and airhandling units.
You would be responsible for delivery of maintenance across all aspects of building services, strong knowledge of building systems across all disciplines with a key competency in either electrical or mechanical maintenance.
All candidates for this Facilities Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Clearance.
Key Accountabilities for Facilities Engineer:
- Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
- Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to building plant / equipment
- Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
- Form part of the on-call rota within the Maintenance Team
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
- Must adhere to the Company's behavioural principals: Integrity, Excellence, Care, Teamwork and Commitment
- Must have excellent organisational Skills
- Strong technical background
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work and engage across departments.
- Must have good verbal, written and listening skills
- Drive and enthusiasm; 'can do' approach
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to organise / prioritise work
- Ability to thrive as part of a team, and work independently where appropriate
- Work may involve working across multiple locations within reasonable travel distance
Experience & Qualifications required for Facilities Engineer:
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (in a relevant discipline electrical or mechanical)
- Good knowledge and level of competency in other areas of building services (BMS, electrical or mechanical services)
- Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.