|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Control and Functional Safety Engineer.
Bristol, Glasgow, Warrington.
£40,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits Package.
We are currently able to offer multiple roles in the electrical, electronics, control and instrumentation capability group of a very successful company. To enable the growth they plan we are looking for control system and functional safety engineers to lead projects and ensure successful delivery to clients.
The work spans the complete engineering lifecycle from requirements, architecture, design, assurance and commissioning.
Experience of design and assurance of safety critical systems in a regulated sector is desirable. Ideal candidates will demonstrate transferable skills and be comfortable with a consultancy style of working.
Working within teams and leading projects, typical activities include safety requirements management, control system architecture, selection of equipment and instrumentation, safety case authoring and independent technical review.
£40,000 - £65,000
25 days holiday risng with service
A strong technical and project background which should include some of the following:
- Electronic and/or control system design and specification
- Electronic and/or control system safety assessment & justification
- Electronic and/or control system compliance substantiation and assurance
- Safety case and Design Substantiation in a regulated industry
- Working with IEC 61508 or equivalent standards
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability of control and electrical systems
- ATEX / DSEAR assessment methodology and application
- Systems integration of hardware and software
- Industrial control systems and their security
- Control systems for mechanical handling and cranes
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Identification of hazards, requirements, standards and constraints
- Regulated industry standards methodologies and application
- Technical leadership on projects
- Site supervision of projects
- Preparation of proposals
- Assistance in local marketing initiatives
- Project management