|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Head of Safety
£70,000 - £80,000 + Excellent Benefits Package and flexible working.
We have a rare opportunity for somebody to take on the role of Head of Safety for a global company in the world of military defence.
This post will oversee the management of a team of Technical Safety Engineers on some of the UK's biggest projects being undertaken right now. A unique opportunity to step away from Consultancy and run a team of Safety experts while having technical hands-on input yourself.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Sound Knowledge of Safety Engineering and Safety Management principles and practice.
- Experience in Functional Safety and SIL complaint systems (i.e. IEC 61508)
- Position in place to satisfy legal and regulatory and contractual requirements, to meet the organisation's business objective and enable the organisation to meet contractual product safety commitments. This role is key in ensuring that safety and commercial risks are acceptable to the business
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establish safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Support the definition and/or endorsement of Safety approach and strategy (i.e. future bids and opportunities)
- Implementing best practice for each domain Air, Land, Sea and Space.
- Independently analyse and recommend safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Approves safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements
- Evaluates the interrelationship of System Safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
- Responsible for providing independent advice and consultancy to the business on matters associated with the safety.
- Peer review of safety artefacts (ie. Hazard Logs, FTA, FMEA, HAZOP/HAZIP, Event Trees, State Diagrams, GSN, Safety Cases etc.)
- For all certification:
Review and approval of relevant appropriate Internal Certificates of Design for Safety considerations. Ensure the coherence and relevance of referenced Safety Case or equivalent, subsequent Risk Assessments. Assure the accepted safety position of ALARP or tolerable with subsequent justification.
- Ensure Statutory compliance of products for product safety (HSAWA, PUWER, LOLER, CE Marking other)
- Ensure Statutory compliance of products for environmental compliance
- Ensure commercial compliance with Safety Standards and requirements
- Safety Assurance Oversight
- Chair and/or attend Project reviews such as Trials Readiness Reviews, Design Reviews, Safety Boards.
- Responsible for the Product Safety and Environmental Management Policy, Process, Procedures and Practice within the Company into the overarching company Safety Management System and for ensuring its implementation to approved projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, national and international standards, DEF STANs and agreed industry Codes of Practice.
- Liaise closely with your counterpart in occupational Health & Safety.
- SMS Management
- Manage SMS and documentation compliance
- Reporting and Monitoring (Support metric generation and review - Safety related DRACAS, Safety related Change, STOP/Safety Notices, Safety Triages/Review Boards)
- Facilitates and conducts Auditing
- Facilitate and management of training and safety promotion within department and across site.
- Functional management of Safety Team
- Resource Deployment
- Competency Assessment and Team Development
- Data Management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.