|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Manufacturing Technician needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Manufacturing Technician that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of testing and checking products and paperwork to the required specifications.
The purpose of this role is to work within the operations department, and to act as a technical lead / authority on the compliance of product to specifications and troubleshooting to determine root causes where problems occur.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Technician will include:
- Test and check products and paperwork to the required specifications. Where non-conformities are found it will be the jobholder's responsibility to carry out diagnostic testing and determine root cause to identify the necessary corrective action.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Act as the cell link into both the quality and engineering teams. Specifically, technician grade staff are technical champions and are expected to patrol technical compliance across the cell/team and mentor staff where appropriate in order to continuously improve technical output from the team/cell.
- To build, inspect and test new products to ATP documentation and quality standards
- To work with your suppliers to ensure the correct delivery of your requirements
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
- To guide and coach members of the cell to ensure that all cell production meets the required technical standards in terms of quality and functionality
- Be an accessible technical point of contact for the team/cell by other areas of the business
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
What experience you need to be the successful Manufacturing Technician:
- 5 years' experience at level 3 minimum and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc)
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A full understanding of the responsibility that comes from being a certified inspection stamp holder
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an electronics and/or PCB and/or harness manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of concession process and ECR process
Must be eligible for BPSS clearance checks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.