|Location: East London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Mechanical & Electrical Technician
East London, E17
About the Mechanical & Electrician Technician role:
We are seeking a Mechanical and Electrical Technician to ensure that all equipment at our water treatment works is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
You will inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
Working within the maintenance team you will follow robust planned maintenance, getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates all year round.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding, and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on include; various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- 17th or preferably 18th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3.
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled' capacity.
- NVQ or City & Guilds level 3 in mechanical engineering would also be ideal.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment.
- Experience maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD's and 3 phase electrical switchgear is essential.
- Ideally, you will have been upskilled with a mechanical qualification to allow us to inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair mechanical and electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- For individuals with mechanical or electrical experience only, we will look to develop the right people to dual skilled status.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- The work will require physical fitness.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require the completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.