|Location: Hoddesdon||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Mechanical Industrial Technician
£32,000 - £35,000
About the Mechanical Industrial Technician Role:
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to work within a large Waste Water corporation where you'll be mentored, upskilled and have the opportunity to progress.
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Industrial Technician to come and join the business where your main responsibilities will be to ensure that all equipment at the sewage treatment works is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
You'll be part of a team where you will do the following:
- Working on installation projects
- Electrical fault finding
- Project Commissioning
- Emergency breakdown repairs - ensuring the plant is operating all day EVERY day.
Key Duties for the Mechanical Industrial Technician:
- You will inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
- Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on include; various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
What the Mechanical Industrial Technician MUST have:
- You should be a time served apprentice within significant experience of mechanical systems.
- Previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 is essential.
- Ideally you will have been upskilled with a mechanical qualification to allow inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair mechanical and electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Experience working on large industrial plant equipment including various pumps within the utilities industry would be beneficial.
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled' capacity. Would also be ideal
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require the completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.