|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 13 days ago|
MEP Quantity Surveyor
London (with projects across the UK)
£60,000 to £70,000 + package
I have a fantastic opportunity for a MEP Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's leading main contractors on a large framework partnership that includes the refurbishment of high street branches across the UK. The successful MEP Quantity Surveyor will be given an opportunity that includes the security of a long term, secured programme of work, realistic career progression, the support of a friendly senior management team and a competitive salary & package.
My client is a business that sticks to 4 key principles that include the encouragement of new ways of thinking and supporting fresh ideas, speaking frankly and providing clarity and honesty to ensure an open and straight forward way of working. They take pride in the quality of their work and respect and care for the well-being of others alongside a culture that believes that you should never stop learning.
As the MEP Quantity Surveyor, you'll be working on projects across the UK and undertaking some of the following duties:
- Taking active responsibility for all financial procedures
- Make suggestions for trade contractors, systems & manufacturers
- Take a lead role throughout the valuation processes
- Ensure you're up to speed with current element costings & costs per sq.ft.
- Advise the client on the different procurement routes available
- Authorise the issuing of invoices
- Manage the payments to subcontractors & suppliers
- Negotiate on final account negotiation
- Provide timely feedback to trade contractors
- Internal reporting through billing monitors, interim CVR's and MCR's
MEP Quantity Surveyors considering this exciting opportunity will need to have experience working either for a specialist M&E contractor or the building services team of a large main contractor. You'll need excellent communication skills, a degree in a construction related field and happy to travel between projects.
Alongside the excellent career paths on offer, The successful MEP Quantity Surveyor will also be offered a competitive package that includes:
- Starting salary of up to £70,000
- Car or Travel Allowance
- Private medical care
- Contributory pension
- Work life balance
- 27 days annual leave
- Payment of professional fees
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
Apply today to ensure you don't miss out.