|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alii Thorogood||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Procurement Coordinator needed for a defence / aerospace organisation based near Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Procurement Coordinator that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of negotiations and supplier management.
The role of Procurement Coordinator will be to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of my client. This will include developing and implementing procurement strategies; assisting in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements and serving as the primary interface with internal customers and external suppliers.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Coordinator will include:
- Reviewing supplier proposals, negotiating price, selecting and recommending suppliers
- Analysing trends
- Following up orders placed and expediting where required, verifying delivery, approving payments and maintaining necessary records to provide excellent customer service to all stake holders.
- Prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages
- Undertake Source Selection:
- Issue and analyse Request for Quotes (RFQ's)
- Vetting of responses
- Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
- Finalise and place Purchase Orders in accordance with the UK Acquisition Procedures and systems.
- Conduct negotiations:
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
- Negotiate nonstandard agreements with support as appropriate
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
- Will assume additional responsibility as directed
What experience you need to be the successful Procurement Coordinator:
- Strong in working with procurement policies and procedures
- Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Develop strong positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
- Draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements
- Strong administrative skills (Desirable)
- Data literate with strong analytical skills (Desirable)
- Experience in IT/computing procurement/Telecoms (Desirable)
- Category Management Skills (Desirable)
- Experience in indirect procurement (Desirable)
Must be eligible for BPSS clearance to start this position
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Coordinator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.