|Location: Tring, Hertfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Defence / Aerospace
Project Manager required for my client, a globally recognised company, working on a number of large and innovative satelite projects, ranging in value up to £10 million.
Ideally candidates for this Project Manager role will have experience working on Satelite Communication / Antenna Projects, however candidates with a strong engineering project management background will be considered.
Daily rate for this role is highly competitive, and will be discussed further upon application.
All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance!
Key Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Project Manager:
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of working with overseas customers, specifically North America.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP.
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.