|Location: Derby, Derbyshire||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Rail & Infrastructure, Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Derby or Leeds
45.0 Hours per Week
£55k - £66k
- Includes Car
- Assignment Allowance
- Pension etc.
Power Transmission & Distribution
About the Project Manager role
Our leading industry client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join a Power Transmission & Distribution business office based in Derby and Site based across England/Wales.
The successful Project Manager will be expected to travel and move from office to site as and when needed.
What the role is about:
- Ultimately responsibility for overall profit and loss of a standard/major project(s)
- To maintain a collaborative working environment
- To support in the winning of a number of projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan.
Day to Day role:
- Working collaboratively with the Contract Managers and Support Functions to deliver your project
- Enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of project your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills.
- Instilling a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team.
- Driving yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance.
- Leading on developing a high-performance culture of one team.
- Talking positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it.
- Supporting of the tender process.
- Constantly seeking out talent for the future.
- The day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Proven experience at Management Level;
- Experience of Management and Delivery of Cabling schemes up to 400kV preferable;
- Strong People Management;
- Proven track record in tendering and managing standard/major projects, including sub-contractors;
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.