|Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus and benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
The Project Manager within the SDLC has primary responsibility for the day-to-day running of projects either in a consultancy role at client sites or as part of a project team.
Our people should expect to add real value from experience, insight, leadership by example and work effort. The role will be challenging and will position the successful candidate well for senior positions.
The successful Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Annual bonus - 10%
- Pension Plan
- Life assurance
- Career Progression
The Project Manager has responsibilityfor:
- Taking the lead on Software delivery projects
- Managing the full life-cycle of projects from planning through to lessons learnt
- Take responsibility for any recovery management (where necessary)
- Understand the key drivers in successful software development and act as an advisory consultant on agile/iterative development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc), design patterns, use cases, UML and automated testing
- Stakeholder management, sometimes up to 'C' level
- Leading a team of technical resources - guides, directs and motivates individuals or groups towards accomplishment of a common goal
- Establishes an appropriate course of action to meet project goals, sets up metrics and quality control processes to ensure reliability of performance, monitors performance and takes action when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open
The Project Manager will ideally possess:
- Good Project Manager or Technical Team Lead experience.
- 7+ years IT delivery experience ideally within the service industry.
- 3 Years Project Management experience and several years Team Leadership experience.
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day running of assigned projects (both software and/or infrastructure projects) in a consultancy role
- Consultancy: Project Management based consultancy services, e.g. advice on UAT/OAT, test practice, iterative project design, and business analysis.
- Involvement in Process Improvement
- Strong awareness of business drivers and commercial acumen
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.