|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + + Bens|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
Do you want a job that offers variety & exciting projects to work on?
Do you want to be working in a fresh and future driven company?
Then look no further!!
I'm currently looking for a Quality Manager to join a small quality team within a rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, experienced self-starter who prides themselves on their ability to deliver, has a flair for engineering and robust engineering practices. As a key member of the Quality Team you will have a detailed understanding of assembly processes, will be a skilled communicator, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This is very much a hands on role and working knowledge of lean manufacturing, process improvement, PFMEA, Poka-Yoke, and best practice assembly processes would be beneficial.
The successful Quality Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* 25 days' holiday
* On-site gym
* Private medical plan
* 4 x death in service
* Flexible working hours
* Social activities
* Share scheme
Some of the main duties of the Quality Manager will include:
* Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map. Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and IATF16949 Quality system and any project specific Quality requirements.
* Lead the implementation of specific, focussed 'Quality Improvement Programmes' to deliver year-on-year QCD improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques
* In conjunction with Programme Managers, act as quality interface for projects and programmes both internally and with customers
* Supporting the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction
* Undertake customer and supplier concern resolution, identifying the root cause(s), initiating and implement corrective actions
* Undertake staff training on quality systems and processes where necessary
* Undertake process audits and devise corrective action plans to address issues identified.
* Approving new products and services in line with Company procedures
* Take part in customer/supplier visits and audits as required
* Analysis and reporting of customer returns/rejections in line with internal KPIs and customer expectation
* Where necessary support off site (UK and overseas) visits and manufacturing activities.
* Deliver annual objectives set by functional manager
* Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company
In order to be the successful Quality Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
* Experience gained in a customer facing tier 1 automotive manufacturer, preferably in a medium/high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
* Experience of Quality Improvement programmes, Pareto, PFMEA, 5s, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools
* Experienced in the use of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans).
* Experienced in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
* A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive "can do" attitude
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
* Candidates must have UK driving license and ability to travel.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that are rapidly growing in a sucessful market. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!