|Location: Newark||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Sector: Safety, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Safety Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
Senior Safety Engineer opportunity available in the Nottingham area to support and lead teams of Safety Engineers performing safety assessments and analyses. This opportunity is with an independent, well-established consultancy that specialise in Safety Engineer challenges for clients in various industry sectors and focus predominantly in Rail, Defence and Aerospace domains.
£50,000 - £60,000 Base Salary.
Pension contributions to 8% matched.
Private Medical cover.
Smart Casual dress code (when not visiting clients)
What does the role entail?
- We are looking for a Safety Engineer with experience of working directly with end clients, with responsibility of leading a team.
- You must be comfortable with communicating and presenting information in either written report or presentation format.
- Application of Safety Risk Management processes to identify hazards, assess risk, and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Safety Assessment and Safety Analysis knowledge, including application of FTA, ETA and other techniques.
- Production and delivery of Safety Management plans; including working closely with customers to promote and realise the content of those plans.
- Ability to collect, understand and interpret, manufacturer and or operator supplied data and safety related information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Develop and deliver safety focused presentations commensurate with audience experience and understanding.
- Construct Safety Cases inclusive of Safety Arguments, ALARP arguments/ statements and Hazard Logs.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations as applicable to industry sector.
- Knowledge and experience of working to and developing safety management systems.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer (or keen to progress to Chartered status soon)
- Educated to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Consultancy experience in a Senior Safety Engineer role.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and motivate others around you.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.