|Location: Basingstoke||Salary: Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Senior System Safety Consultant
£45,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Generous Benefits Package
To support strong client demand and the ongoing development and growth of our clients existing Safety teams, we are recruiting actively again ion the South East.
We are currently looking for an experienced System Safety Consultant who has a proven track record in leading teams of Safety Engineering professionals. The perfect applicant would come from the Nuclear, Defence or Rail industry. You will have experience of working in one of these sectors within a consultancy environment, and have leadership, operational discipline and the strategic vision required to take teams forward.
You will be able to lead programmes and develop safety deliverable's related to the requirements within your area of expertise.
You will have the ability to build relationships both externally with clients and internally with project delivery teams and support functions. Within your area of expertise you will have a clear understanding of the current market demands and who the key clients are within that market.
You will have the ability to identify and support business development opportunities resulting in the preparation of estimates, proposals, budgets and documentation.
You will take a strong interest in understanding clients' problems and in shaping programmes of work to resolve them, within highly regulated industries.
The position will provide the opportunity to help consolidate existing key accounts and to develop further business with other clients into major accounts.
The successful candidate would have a degree in a relevant discipline with detailed knowledge within one or more of the following areas:
- Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- Derivation of Safety Functional Requirements
- Hazard Identification / Hazard Analysis / Fault Sequence Assessment
- Deterministic and /or Probabilistic Safety Assessment
- Engineering Design Substantiation
- Peer Review (Acceptance Review Team experience)
- Safety Case / Safety Basis development and authoring
- Integrated Environmental & Assurance Management Plan (IEAMP) / Assurance Control Plan (ACP) development
- Nuclear: Knowledge of safety management and its application throughout the plant lifecycle; including design, operation and decommissioning. Experienced in producing the nuclear safety documentation required as part of Site Licence Conditions.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.