|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Service Desk Team Leader
£30,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Service Desk Team Leader needed for a leading multinational engineering organisation based in the Bristol area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Service Desk Team Leader that takes pride in their work.
The successful Service Desk Team Leader would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification and have a keen interest in providing IT Support and customer service. As Service Desk Team Leader within the Business Systems Group you will provide support for incident resolution and request fulfilment that is customer focused on the delivery of service excellence and continual service improvement. Your primary responsibility is to act as the first point of technical escalation within the Service Desk, providing a level of technical expertise to your colleagues.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has had a good amount of experience within a service desk environment, who has spent some time fulfilling a team lead role when needed and that is looking to take the next full step in their career and progress to an out-and-out Team Lead role.
Note: Due to security requirements, it is essential that applicants possess a British passport and meet the requirements for UK SC Security Clearance.
What the role of the Service Desk Team Leader entails:
Some of the main duties of the Service Desk Team Leader will include:
- Provide a high level of technical support to the Service Desk. Driving our key Service Desk KPIs (first contact rate, response time)
- Oversee incidents and requests ensuring that unassigned incidents or requests are managed, prioritised and assigned to analysts
- Accountable for the Business Systems Incident Management procedure
- Be the point of escalation on technical issues for the Service Desk
- Provide support and coaching to all members of the team ensuring best practise is followed
- Maintain a high level of customer service and have the confidence to deal with complex complaints
- Produce regular team and individual stats for the Service Desk on a regularly basis
- Manage the team's workload ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved within the SLA
- Review and approve holiday requests ensuring Service Desk rota is updated and standard support hours are staffed.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, tooling, and processes
- Maintain the Business Systems knowledge base
What experience you need to be the successful Service Desk Team Leader:
- Excellent verbal communications skills. Approachable, friendly, and able to talk easily with colleagues and users
- Good prioritisation and time management, able to balance competing issues to ensure the right problems are addressed first
- Good written communication, able to quickly record details of problems and solutions as they arise. Can provide clear, concise written reports to other IT departments and external support when escalating issues
- Willingness to develop knowledge and learn new skills
- Diligent, organised and goal oriented, understands the importance of service level agreements and will work to achieve them.
- Team player who will coordinate with colleagues to meet targets and confident enough to recognise issues they cannot resolve and escalate in a timely manner.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Desk Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.