|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kyle Carter|
£50,000 - £60,000
Systems Engineer needed for a leading Defence company based in Farnborough who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including a competitive salary and great health care opportunities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Defines, implements and takes ownership of the Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Elicitation and management of customer requirements, ensuring correct management within the requirements database.
- Derivation of system requirements from high level customer requirements.
- Represents Systems function at all design reviews (internal and external) and supports the chair by raising risks and issues and proposing solutions (internal only); may chair internal or external design reviews at the request of the Engineering Manager.
- Creates tangible capability improvements within their function; adopts best practice and fosters innovation to support business needs.
- Ensures that all work within their function is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process.
- Provides line management to all employees within their function, conducts appraisals and career development discussions, deals with day-to-day employee concerns and escalates appropriately; requires only very limited support in this activity.
- Actively coaches and develops employees such to maximise their contribution, manages employees performance and behavioural issues.
- Contribute to design reviews and present material in specialist areas.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Lead Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and V-model.
- Presentation skills and detailed technical knowledge to explain system engineering concepts to a wide technical audience.
- Extensive use of requirements management tools (e.g DOORS)
- Skill in creating a system design to provide optimal solutions by appropriately allocating functionality between hardware, firmware and software based on experience within one or more of these fields.
- Ability to clearly express design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
- Experience in the design of electronic / RF systems incorporating FPGAs, Microcontrollers and standards based Bus systems such as VME/VPX or PXI.
- Experience of FPGA design using VHDL is an advantage. Experience of RADAR, EW and ECM is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/experience with the following software, Microsoft Office, Visio, Doors, Altium Designer, Altera/Microsemi FPGA Tools.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.