|Location: Crawley||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Chisholm||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Technical Author needed for a Global Engineering business based in Crawley who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Technical Author that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of using XML- based authoring tools and previous experience of working with medical imaging systems hardware and software would be highly advantageous.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in scientific, software technical or life sciences environment and have a keen interest in defining and creating high-end technical content. If you have commercial experience in Ixiasoft CMS that would be a plus!
- Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 25 Days Holiday Entitlement
- Group Income Protection
- Dependants Pension
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Author will include:
- Responsible for writing high-end technical product documentation in accordance with project requirements, local and global company policies and produce updates to documents in support of engineering changes.
- Work with all project personnel, interpret documentation requirements and extract necessary information from the project and engineering design teams. Obtain and collate design information as source material towards the creation of accompanying documentation, design the information deliverables to support the product.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all activities to meet the needs of documentation and the customer.
- Management of the delivery of solutions to agreed timescales. Recognize risks and demonstrate ability to manage and/or escalate these risks to the project team and functional management.
- Collect and collate evidential documentation to support internal and external audit requirements as and when required.
- Initiate and support translation activities with the localization team for any content development projects you are assigned to.
- Ability to take on editorial tasks as and when required.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Team Leader and/or Technical Publications Manager & EPG Release Manager
What experience you need to be the successful Technical Author:
- Scientific/ Software technical back ground
- Skills including the use of: DITA XML, XML, and Adobe Framemaker
- Worked within an Agile project environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.