|Location: Birmingham||Salary: £52.34 - £57.34 per hour|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Kayleigh Budgen|
Test Assurance Lead
Contract running until March 2025
Up to £57.34 an hour
Test Assurance Lead needed for a Global Engineering Services organisation based in the Birmingham area who are looking to employ an experienced Test Assurance Lead who has worked within large-scale, complex, multi-stakeholder programmes, involving varied, transformational infrastructure, platform, application and service architectures.
What the role entails:
As a Test Assurance Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Be first point of consultation for DS technology programmes, in relation to Testing Best Practice and delivery of compliant test artefacts.
- Ensure technology programmes and the Quality & Test function engage the appropriate DS teams to align on discrete test types and assurance activities, e.g., Security and Operational Acceptance Testing, as required.
- Assure delivery of programme Test Strategies.
- Assure delivery of programme Quality Strategies.
- Establish programme test metrics and measurements.
- Gather and analyse collective data sets, to feed into Portfolio-level KPIs.
- Assure delivery of test level and test stage plans.
- Assure delivery of supplier work products and test execution outputs (test results, defect logs and evidence).
- Assure the delivery of acceptance testing, involving National Highways stakeholders and impacted business units.
- Review and approve Test Completion Reports Present evidence-based views at programme test completion / stage gate meetings.
- Provide regular snapshots of programme quality and testing status to Quality & Test Lead
What experience you need to be a successful Test Assurance Lead:
- An independent specialist consultant in Information Technology Testing and QA, with extensive experience in the field of testing and working at the senior management level
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise in a variety of contexts (e.g., meetings, written reports or presentations) to support programme test governance and assurance, as well as successfully steer programme test delivery capabilities.
- Work autonomously to develop relationships with DS stakeholders, supplier delivery teams and the relevant technical SMEs, to gain an understanding of the strategic view of programme Quality and Testing requirements, the approach and organisation needed to meet these requirements, as well as provide oversight and advise on the same.
- Adaptive and able to negotiate with stakeholders and suppliers, so as to achieve programme objectives, without compromising the quality of solution deliveries.
- Be able to identify and comprehend a variety of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to technology solution quality; to navigate and address these varying landscapes, taking the appropriate management actions in response.
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of a Test Assurance Lead:
- Test Architecture
- Test Strategy
- Test Assurance
- Test Delivery Management
- Defect Management
- Test and Defect Management Tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, Jira, ServiceNow, HP ALM)
- Test Automation
- Service Management processes and functions
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- High-Level of Communication Skills (both written & verbal)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager (or equivalent qualifications and experience)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (or equivalent qualifications and experience)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Assurance Lead to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that the Test Assurance Lead position requires candidates to have full Right to Work in the UK
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.