Asking the right questions
An interview is not only an opportunity for an employer to question you; it is an opportunity for you to find out about a company you may soon be employed by. Asking pertinent and professional questions will not only give you answers, it will highlight you as a sensible and intelligent person to the interviewer.
Example questions include:
- Can you tell me a little more about the people and roles I will manage?
- What is the average length of service for your employees?
- What career opportunities are available to me?
- Why is the company structured the way it is?
- What teams will I be most involved with?
- What plans does the company have for growth?
- What are you mains aims for the successful applicant within the first few months?
- How long have the senior management team been with the company?
These types of questions will offer you some real insight to the business you are interviewing with and the job you may be doing and show off your professionalism and enthusiasm for the company.
Don’t forget, always ask relevant and intelligent questions.