|Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Design Manager needed - Permanent Position - Based in Abingdon - Up to £50,000 per annum
Currently I am recruiting for a Design Manager to join my client who are a leader in the Fusion Science and Technology industry. You will design Remote Handling equipment for fusion and non-fusion applications in challenging environments according to established project methodology. This will involve understanding and clarifying customer specifications, designing creative solutions to new problems, and managing medium sized projects to agreed time, quality and cost.
Responsibilities for the successful design manager:
- Creation and design of effective remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs.
- Supervision of engineers and draughts people to maintain high design standards and integrate design work.
- Coaching engineers in their career progression.
- Liaison with customers to report of project progress and to agree priorities.
- Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
- Lead and manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of existing UKAEA and JET systems.
- Managing the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote systems.
- Accountable for line management of a section of mechanical engineers including professional, technical and performance issues.
Experienced and qualifications required for the successful Design Manager:
- Experience in designing complex electro/mechanical devices
- Experience in managing designs and design teams
- Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculation or finite element techniques
- Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
- Experience in using a CATIA v5.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team or group
- Engineering council recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
If you are interested in this opportunity please click apply today!