|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager needed for a market leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Health and Safety Manager with an in-depth knowledge of formulating, implementing and revising all H&S policies, procedures and documentation inc. experience of Safety Packs, Risk Assessments, DSE, PPE, Chemicals, Safety Equipment and machinery used within the aviation industry and Fire Risk Assessment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- To provide a source of technical/professional health and safety advice to Directors, senior and operational managers, employees and other stakeholders, activity promote a sharing of information culture
- Providing Health and Safety reports for the board level
- Embed the Company's Health and Safety Policy, strategy and relevant procedures
- Develop and implement safe working systems and procedures for the management of health and safety
- To undertake projects to develop and promote health and safety awareness, policies and procedures
- Developing, maintaining and embedding all required H&S documentation under the HASWA
- Creating a safe and healthy environment without risk to visitors, contractors and employees
- Encourage accurate reporting of all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Carry out all H&S investigations and provide recommendations for improvements, lessons learnt and ensure these are implemented into the Health and Safety Management Systems
- Ensuring all safety inspections for the building, machinery and equipment are carried out and to manage all internal Health and Safety training
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines
- Support in the business continuity and growth
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business correctly recorded
- Manage our 'Just Culture' and Safety Management System on a day-to-day basis (actions, investigations, risk management)
- Act as our regulatory Safety Manager under the MAA and EASA authorities
What you need to be the successful Health and Safety Manager:
In order to be the successful Health and Safety Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience and knowledge of all key responsibility areas outlined above
- Experience of working in an aerospace engineering environment
- Proven experience motivating employees to promote and nurture a truly embedded Health and Safety culture
- Knowledge of formulating, implementing and revising all H&S policies, procedures and documentation inc. experience of Safety Packs, Risk Assessments, DSE, PPE, Chemicals, Safety Equipment and machinery used within the aviation industry and Fire Risk Assessment
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment
- Have good all-round knowledge of the European and UK legislative system, including the ability to read and interpret Acts of parliament, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance notes.
- Have a sound understanding of the HSE's 'Managing for health and safety' system and the process of implementation.
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and implement commercially appropriate solutions for preventative action
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or equivalent (Desirable)
- Aviation/aerospace SMS management experience
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role who is qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. (Essential)
- Professional IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) membership, at least to GradIOSH. (Essential)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!