|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering
|Contact: Olly Nixon
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment, Facilities Management
Location: Loudwater / Greenford
Unleash the Power of Multi-Mission Excellence: Safeguarding the Seas for the World's Navies.
Step into a world where cutting-edge technology meets unparalleled expertise. Ultra Maritime pioneers delivering multi-mission solutions that protect and empower the naval forces worldwide. With our extensive portfolio of capabilities, our innovations are utilised on naval fleets across our allied navies around the globe.
As the maritime and underwater battlespace evolves, we tirelessly push the boundaries to develop advanced specialist systems that provide our 'five-eyes' Defence customers with an unbeatable warfighting edge. From surface vessels to sub-surface operations and unmanned platforms, we are revolutionizing the way naval missions are executed.
We thrive on collaboration and partnering with our customers to ensure mission success. Our expert solutions encompass an array of game-changing technologies, including state-of-the-art sonar, radar, expendables, signature management, and naval power systems.
The Health & Safety function in Ultra is responsible for maintaining and continually improving the Safety Management System and for ensuring that all statutory and legislative requirements are met. The function supports the business in the identification and delivery of all H&S training for employees and managers and manages the internal audit programme. An individual at this grade leads large teams to input into the plans of the function. Will be responsible for implementing policy and ensuring delivery within area of responsibility, linking with other parts of the function or business.
- This is the lead role for the HSE/FM infrastructure for Maritime Sonar Systems Ltd with responsibility for: Management of Health, Safety, Environmental, and Facilities services for the Greenford, Loudwater and Weymouth sites.
- Management, Implementation and operation of systems for Health and Safety, Environmental Management and Energy Management, in line with SBU objectives and certification aspirations (e.g., ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001)
- Oversight of the implementation/operation of the Health and Safety, Environmental and Energy Management Systems
- Coaching and influencing site leadership and teams to achieve SBU certification aspirations (e.g., ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001)
- Ensure an HSE programme is in place in Maritime Sonar Systems ltd to implement EHS + E management systems to include risk assessments, safety tours, hazard identification, accident/near miss/incident investigation/reporting, internal/external auditing, waste stream and emissions management, Energy Profile management, regulatory compliance management
- Agreeing meaningful and stretching HSE objectives and targets and challenging progress of associated programme plans, aligned to Energy's strategy.
- Preparation/analysis of monthly HSE management reports (including KPI data)
- Engage and motivate site leadership and teams through HSE events, communications, and safety walls.
- Professional oversight of HSE statutory and legislative requirements and liaising with relevant authorities
- Management of HSE training coverage and completion within Maritime Sonar Systems ltd
- Site level implementation of an SBU internal governance and management assurance programmes
- Management of the facilities services provision at the three sites.
- Oversight of planned preventative maintenance schedules covering all statutory and non-statutory tasks at Greenford, Loudwater and Weymouth.
- Appointment and management of key service providers for FM activities and monitoring performance against SLA's/KPI's
- Liaise and negotiate with landlords, agents, local authorities, approved contractors, utilities and other service providers.
- Prepare annual facilities plans and budgets and delivery of plans to budget maximising value for money without detriment to quality or scope of service provision.
- Preparation/Analysis of facilities management KPIs and performance reports for business management
- Project management or professional FM support to site related project and capital expenditure works including development, planning, costing, site moves and delivery, working closely with related supporting functions and management of subcontractor.
- Ensure delivery of facilities priorities to meet special security requirements and compliance.
- Management and delivery of facilities contingencies and emergency procedures in line with the incident management plan
- Lead point of contact for stakeholder and group requirements in relation to facilities/property
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Proven HSE-FM experience in a manufacturing environment
- Professional level knowledge of Facilities, Health, Safety, Environmental and Energy Legislation, statutory compliance for all SBU jurisdictions and HSE best practice thinking.
- Team management/leadership competencies for direct reporting teams, contract teams and dotted line teams
- Good written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Good IT user skills (MS Office/MS Project/Visio)
- Ability to continually and constructively challenge and influence stakeholders to prioritize and delivery safety excellence.
- Ability to obtain a UKSV security clearance.
Essential or equivalent relevant experience
- Understanding FM Foundation Course
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) General Certificate (NGC1 & NGC2) and NEBOSH Diploma
- NEBOSH Fire safety & Risk Management (FC1 & FC2)
- IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management) Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.