|Location: Winchester, Hampshire||Salary: £15.00 - £20.00 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Engineering Technician - Highways
Reporting to: Team Leader
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Hours: 40 hours per week
Day Rate Range: £120 - £180 per day (Dependant on experience)
Working for a main contractor on one of the most prestigious Highways projects in the country.
The Engineering Technician Role:
To assist delivery of highway drainage projects to programme and on budget.
To assist Principal Engineer/Team Leader in the efficient working of the Team.
Prepare Value Management documentation.
Tasks/Responsibilities for The Engineering Technician:
- Undertake specific projects as directed by the Team Leader and Principal Engineer.
- Carry out investigation, inspections, surveys and other studies and provide reports accordingly.
- Arrange other traffic surveys, land surveys, safety audits, etc. with other teams in Kier.
- Undertake site visits, take photographs, video and prepare other site records as appropriate.
- Prepare contract drawings and tender documents.
- Prepare designs in accordance with relevant standards, codes of practice and DfT Standards.
- Manage drainage asset information.
- Value Manage drainage schemes.
- Undertake all health and safety activities as required under CDM regulations under supervision of Senior Engineer and in consultation with the Principal Designer utilizing appropriate employee risk assessments.
- Prepare necessary EMS documentation under supervision of Senior Engineer/Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with the Police, local Highway Authority, statutory undertakers and other bodies as required.
- Maintain appropriate liaison with Client representatives.
- Deal with correspondence and promote the consultancy's best image.
- Maintain records in accordance with Kier's QM procedures.
- Comply with company instructions, procedures and requirements.
- Keep the Senior Engineer/Principal Engineer apprised of activities.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Responsibilities for The Engineering Technician:
- Relevant HNC, HND; membership of an appropriate professional institution preferred
- Relevant experience in AutoCAD/Asset Management/Civil/Structural Engineering
- Demonstration of experience, expertise and competence for the tasks required
If you are interested in the position, please get in touch - as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.