|Location: Newcastle upon Tyne||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Newcastle upon Tyne
£55,000 to £65,000 + car & package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a large, well regarded main contractor at their offices in the North East. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the Commercial Manager and overseeing the construction of new build housing projects with build values of between £20m and £50m.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking accurate commercial reporting and financial management, inline with the companies procedures
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the financial pre-commencement activities including pricing of work for submission to the client, appointing consultants and the initial subcontractor and supplier negotiations
- Undertake key commercial tasks such as making bonus payments, subcontractor procurement and management, measuring the subcontractors work, internal and external valuations, managing change orders, cost value reporting, undertaking performance reviews
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be given an opportunity that includes rapid career progression, exposure to large projects and chance to put your own mark each project from the very beginning. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £55,000 to £65,000
- Car/travel allowance
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Employee discount on high street retailers
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
- Access to continued professional development with ongoing training carried out internally and externally
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previous experience working for a main contractor delivering new build projects. You'll need excellent communication skills and competent with Word, Excel and Outlook.
Get in touch today to register your interest.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.